For The Love Of Lace: Sprinkle of Glitter for Simply Be

Anyone who knows me, knows I love  Sprinkle of Glitter . I've been a fan of Louise's since she first announced she was pregnant w...

Anyone who knows me, knows I love Sprinkle of Glitter. I've been a fan of Louise's since she first announced she was pregnant with her daughter, Darcy (who's now five!!), so quite a while now! I've also been lucky enough to have met her a fair few times, and every time I've seen her she's been absolutely lovely (just like in her videos!).

Sprinkle of Glitter Simply Be Lace Dress DeelyBopper

When Louise announced her clothing collection with Simply Be last year, I couldn't have been more excited. I love her style, I think her dress sense is so wonderfully girly but yet mature at the same time. When her first collection launched, I bought a fair few pieces from it, and love them all. When she announced her second collection this spring, again, there were a few pieces that caught my eye, but one stood out to me - the lace dress. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to be spending £75 on a dress, no matter how nice, so told myself I would save up for it. 

Luckily for me though, Simply Be ran a competition last week on their twitter account where five people would win whatever item they wanted from Louise's collection. And would you believe it, I was one of the winners! I was over the moon to have won, because now I have that beautiful lace dress in my possession free of charge! 

Sprinkle of Glitter Simply Be Lace Dress DeelyBopper 

I absolutely love this dress. I love how weighty it is - you can tell that it's a pricey dress as soon as you pick it up. It's a lovely thick material, and looks to be very well made. The thickness helps the dress skim over all my problem areas and hold it's flared shape on the skirt. The pleats are a lovely addition too, for the same reasons. I found that it ends just at my knee, and I am 5'8". I'd definitely feel okay to go leggings/tights free in this dress, although I wore leggings in the photos as Leeds was really chilly this weekend! I love the sleeve length, I find it really flattering on my arms. Another feature that shouldn't be overlooked is that it has pockets!! I think this was the feature that excited me the most, haha. 

In terms of fit, I sized up from my usual size as I am conscious that my boobs and buttons usually don't mix well! It fits well across the bust, with minimal boob-gapeage, and I found it comfortable on my arms and waist, not tight at all. To be honest I think I would have been ok with my usual size if not for the boob issue! 

Sprinkle of Glitter Simply Be Lace DressSprinkle of Glitter Simply Be Lace Dress DeelyBopper

I just really love how I look in this dress, and to be honest I don't really say that often. I never normally feel 'good' in clothing, and can always find something I don't like when I look in the mirror. But I can honestly say with this dress that I love everything about how I look in it! I can't wait for a nice spring evening when I can wear this out and about to it's full potential with full confidence. 

If you're interested, you can buy the lace dress here, and see the rest of the collection here.

Lucy xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2016 DeelyBopper. Powered by Blogger.