A Crafty Christmas

Hello Stranger! Confession: I completely forgot about my blog. Actually, thats a lie. I didn't forget about it, I just can't think...

Hello Stranger!

Confession: I completely forgot about my blog. Actually, thats a lie. I didn't forget about it, I just can't think of anything to write about that I think other people will want to read, or anything that hasn't been done before.

I think part of my problem is that I have absolutely no natural creativity whatsoever. It's something that I've always found to be frustrating. I love all things creative, I have a passion for music, I love singing, playing the piano, listening to music... I'd love to be a songwriter or a musician, but I can't for the life of me think of anything original.

The same goes for art. I love art, but I am absolutely awful at it. I can copy things ok (and really, that is an exaggeration) but I don't think I've ever been able to come up with something on my own.

Another thing I'm awful at is anything craft-y. My aunt is a keen knitter and you should see the things she has made! I was a massive Dr Who fan back in the Eccleston/Tennant era and she knitted me a TARDIS, an Ood, Adipose, Dalek(!!), Cyberman... you name it, she knitted it! I'd LOVE to be able to do that, but again, I think it comes down to firstly my lack of creativity and secondly my lack of patience. I am awful at long-term projects. That's what I find frustrating about knitting, it takes forever (for a beginner!) to get anything that resembles more than a square of wool. eg. I once knitted a scarf, it was supposed to be full sized but I got bored, so it ended up being a scarf for my Barbie.

I'm on a mission this Christmas to be more creative, and specifically, get CRAFTY! I reckon Christmas is the best time of year to get your craft on, as theres heaps of things to do. I'm going to decorate my entire flat with hand-made goodies!

I've decided to start off following a few how-to's on how to make tree decorations. I know this doesn't necessarily combat my 'I'm not original' problem but I feel like tackling the 'I'm shit at crafts' problem will be easier in the first instance, and who knows, I might suddenly find inspiration and create something thats never been done before!! (Unlikely)

So, with this in mind, I'm hoping to document my descent in to the world of craft on this blog. I've decided to try and do a different craft every week on the run up to Christmas, so that gives me 6(ish) crafts to try. Luckily, I live practically next door to a Hobbycraft so I think I'll be popping in there for some inspiration and advice from the staff as to some 'beginner-friendly' things to try! I've already bought some wool, I'm hoping to make pom-pom decorations, and maybe even a pom-pom wreath!

My bag of wool. I've made the picture black & white to add MYSTERY! What colours could they possibly be?!


Hopefully you'll start seeing some of my 'fantastic' creations over the next few weeks!

x




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2016 DeelyBopper. Powered by Blogger.